Here you’ll find a list of National Institute of Health and additional research studies that support the use of evidence based mindfulness techniques to promote mental health and address the impacts of early childhood trauma.
- Mindfulness-Based Interventions for Anxiety and Depression (2018 Dec 1)
Psychiatr Clin North Am. Stefan G. Hofmann, Ph.D and Angelina F. Gómez, B.A.
- The Role of Mindfulness in Reducing the Adverse Effects of Childhood Stress and Trauma (March 2017) Children (Basel), Robin Ortiz and Erica M. Sibinga
- Effects of Mindfulness on Psychological Health: A Review of Empirical Studies (2011 May 13) Clin Psychol Review. Shian-Ling Keng, Moria J. Smoski, and Clive J. Robins
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Approach for Seniors (MBCAS): Program Development and Implementation (2013 Nov 28) Mindfulness (N Y). Brigitte Zellner Keller, Nirbhay N. Singh, and Alan S. W. Winton
- Adverse Childhood Experiences, Resilience and Mindfulness-Based Approaches: Common Denominator Issues for Children with Emotional, Mental, or Behavioral Problems (2016 Jan 11) Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am. Bethell C, Gombojav N, Solloway M, Wissow L.
- The neuroscience of mindfulness meditation (2015 Apr) Nat Rev Neurosci. Tang YY, Hölzel BK, Posner MI.
- How Might Yoga Help Depression? A Neurobiological Perspective (2012 Mar) Patricia Anne Kinser, PhDc, WHNP-BC, MS, RN, Lisa Goehler, PhD, and Ann Gill Taylor, EdD, RN, FAAN
View more NIH studies with keywords “mindfulness” available here.